Varanasi- Karthika Poornima / Dev Diwali and Ancient Traditions From The Lens
Varanasi has been known to be a location of interest for photographers from all over the world. It is the essence of India’s culture, beliefs and traditions. We take you on a guided photography tour so as to get you face to face with the charm and mysticism of the city. We guarantee a truly magical journey across the ghats and streets of this ancient city. The customs and traditions in this holy city have managed to remain unchanged over the course of centuries. Varanasi is a colourful celebration of the roots of the Indian way of life.
This photography tours takes you through the daily lives of the pilgrims, pundits and citizens. We make the process of capturing images of people on the streets and the art of outdoor photography easier to the everyday novice photographer. We help you through all the factors involved in street photography from seeking permission from subjects to finding the perfect lighting, location and more. This tour is aimed at making you adept at the art of street photography, the importance of looking at the world from the perspective of your viewfinder. This tour will not only help you become a better photographer but also improve your ability to appreciate, understand and capture the marvel that is life.
- Celebrations of the Dev Diwali festival on the ghats.
- Boat rides on the Ganges in the morning.
- Walks along the banks of the holy waterbody and the ghats to give you an opportunity to witness the everyday lives of the people and pilgrims.
- Sessions of indoor, street and travel photography.
- Sessions to discuss the images that have been captured during the tour.
Pickup from the airport or railway station on the day of arrival. The itinerary includes the photography of the Dev Diwali festival along the ghats. The festival is on the day of arrival, the tour begins directly with photographing the festival after checking into a hotel and introductions. It includes sessions of field and indoor photography by a trained guide. We take you through the joy of capturing the true essence of the streets of Varanasi.
The tour lasts for 3 days
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis with breakfast on all days. Solo travellers will be paired with another client of the same gender. An addition of Rs. 6,750/US$110 will be made in case of a requirement of a single supplement.
- Pickup from airport or railway station on the day of arrival.
- 2 boating trips on the Ganges.
- Walks along the banks of the Ganges and the ghats with a guide.
- Photography sessions and the help and services of your mentor.
- Transport from Varanasi.
- Lunch, dinner, water or any other beverages.
- Short distance travel on rickshaws for instance.
- Travel from the hotel to the airport on the day of departure.